Customers planning to install a new electrical service or who plan to upgrade or relocate an existing service, must first contact FFPC’s General Superintendent to receive approval of the service change.
Call the Main Office at (807) 274-9291 during business hours.
Fort Frances Power shall only connect a Customer for a new or modified supply of electricity upon receipt by Fort Frances Power of the following:
- A completed and signed contract for service in a form acceptable to Fort Frances Power
- Payment to Fort Frances Power of any applicable connection fee
- An inspection and approval by the Electrical Safety Authority of the electrical equipment for the new service
The location of the Customer’s service entrance equipment is subject to the approval of Fort Frances Power and the Electrical Safety Authority.
In General, Fort Frances Power may, depending on Customer Class, recover costs associated with the installation of “Connection Assets” via a Basic Connection Fee or a Variable Connection Charge, as further described below. Connection charges and available connection types for Residential and General Service class Customers are further described in Section 3. A Basic Connection is defined as the actual or equivalent cost to supply and install overhead distribution transformer capacity and up to 30 meters (Residential) or 30 meters (General Service) of overhead service conductor. Residential class Customers receive this Basic Connection without charge.
Please read our conditions of service.
Electrical energy will be supplied at 3 wire single phase, having a nominal voltage of 120/240 volts and a minimum of 100 amperes and a maximum of 400 amperes.
Basic steps involved in connection of a new service:
- Meet with our Lines Supervisor.
- Our Lines Supervisor completes a Offer to Connect Form which highlights your costs (if any).
- If your Offer to Connect states a cost these must be paid before continuing.
- Set up your power account with Fort Frances Power Corporation.
- Arrange for an Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) inspection (ESA: 1-877-372-7233 or visit their website at http://www.esasafe.com/).
- Once your new service has been inspected and approved the ESA will issue a Connection Authorization.
- Once FFPC receives the Connection Authorization we will typically connect your new service within 5 working days.